The sets of double pointed needles I have are usually rolling around somewhere they shouldn't. There is always one missing. They are too short for the needle case I made and they fall out of the cardboard pack they are sold in.
I have made individual pouches for each set and have made three so far.
They simply fold over and fasten with a fancy button.
I will now be able to find a set quickly and easily - that's the plan, anyway!
It was an incredible feat for me, to finish yet another project!
The pattern was easy but with enough counting to keep my brain active!
The Sheejies yarn is lovely and soft so worked nicely and didn't make my hands ache.
It was a warm day last Thursday when I took it to my daughter but she loved it, thank goodness, and wrapped herself inside it.
The shape is a triangle with one elongated end so can be worn in several different ways.
I'm looking forward to making the next one in the 'Crochet Along' but I'm enjoying the warm weather we have here this week and not really thinking of warm things. I hope you have some sunshine, too.
The drawstring sack holding my knitting needles wasn't working. Having to tip out all the needles to find a pair had exasperated me for years!
A wet Easter holiday gave me the time I needed to construct a wrap for my most used needles, 2mm to 5 mm. I had green fabric left over from a cushion I made my granddaughter and used a small red gingham for the lining. I sandwiched a piece of thin batting between them.
I can now find a pair of needles I need quickly as I have sewn compartments in the bottom keeping the needles separated into sized groups.
Making the strap across the middle stops the needles sliding sideways when wrapping them up.
I had toyed with the idea of snap fasteners to close it but I'd made far more bias strip than I needed so made some ties which are sewn in place.
All the seldom used, larger needles remain in the sack at the back of the cupboard.
A perfect resolve!
My second Praze an Beeble shawl was finished last week.
The colours remind me of the beach, one of my favourite places to be.
As the yarn had arrived from Deramores for the second shawl I moved swiftly on and started the Perranporth Shawl by Diana of The Crochet Chain
I'm using Sheepjes this time. I was immediately impressed with the softness but the brilliant tag on the start of the yarn is so simple but such a massive help to find the end, inside the ball as I like to use it this way.
And here is my work snuggled inside the new work bag which has room for all the yarn and the pouch I made to carry hooks, scissors, markers etc.
Swapping between all my interests I often find myself in a bit of a muddle - Surprise? - No.
On a table next to my armchair in the living room are the DMC threads from my cross stitch, mixed together with my crochet shawl, balls of wool, patterns, scissors, markers etc.
Endlessly trying to be a tidier person I decided to make another project bag in order to separate things.
Of course, then, in my workroom I have fabrics, cutting mats, threads and sewing machine out to make the bag.
Having lots of scraps of browns and yellows I set about making another in the heart pattern I used before. The bag size is perfect for quilts or knitting as It is almost 20" wide.
I took the cutting mat, wheel and rulers into the kitchen as the worktop height is good to cut standing up, plus the iron and ironing board are there.
Once the hearts were constructed I needed a bigger place to lay them out, and I take them to the dining table.
If you were keeping up with me, I have now taken over four rooms with my stuff!
Project Bag No. 2
The bag is perfect. I put my crochet into it, folded away the ironing board, vacuumed the floors, hide my tools away and yes, I look quite like a tidy person for a while!
Making the bag was also a test for my sewing machine. Only 6 years old and it had become noisy. The needle was never in the centre and sometimes it scared the life out of me as the needle hit the foot and broke with a bang because it had moved over to the left!
It had to have the Step Motor replaced and now works as if it is a new machine, thank goodness.
Now to do something about my knitting needles - they need a bag.
It's Good Friday, I hope it is a good one for you,
Making the first shawl was fun and quick to work. It did my moral good to finish something. Those who know me understand my lack of self discipline. I get bored easily and have to break off a big project to make something small and quick inbetween, hence my many 'works in progress'.
Actually getting to wear my shawl was so moral boosting that I started another one immediately!
I finished this one also but no photo as it's currently 'missing' in my workroom somewhere!
I had to hastily make space on my table as my sewing machine, which has been repaired, was back and I needed to try it.
This morning I started working on the next shawl in the Crochet Along, the Perranporth Shawl by Diana Bensted
For this shawl I'm using Sheepies mix of cotton and acrylic.
I've placed a marker on the straight edge so that I remember which side to increase.
I'm making this one for my daughter, hopefully in time for Easter, nothing like pressure to get me moving!
Have a good weekend!